Re: [TR] Fuel Pressure for Spitfire MK III ?

To: Bud R <levilevi@comcast.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Fuel Pressure for Spitfire MK III ?
From: David Porter <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 12:40:54 -0700
--===============5054741549494416663==
 boundary="------------060803010407030606090309"

--------------060803010407030606090309

remove the piston chamber, turn the key-pump on. If fuel is pumping
through the jet then.. pressure too high, floats adjusted improperly,
needle and seat stuck open, etc..
  I would say that 4.5psi is about tops for the Strombergs..better tan
SU's but not by much..
DP

--
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/

--------------060803010407030606090309

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    remove the piston chamber, turn the key-pump on. If fuel is pumping
    through the jet then.. pressure too high, floats adjusted
    improperly, needle and seat stuck open, etc..<br>
     I would say that 4.5psi is about tops for the Strombergs..better
    tan SU's but not by much..<br>
    DP<br>
      cite="mid:FF0EF50D-D74C-4617-82B5-1A3CBEB9E3E4@comcast.net"
      type="cite">
        charset=windows-1252">
      What is the recommended and/or best fuel pressure for a Spitfire
      MK III with a single ZS carb? In checking it shows 4.5 -5 PSI on a
      gage. I try to keep it close to 2 PSI or less on my dual ZS
      equipped TR6 or it develops a cough at idle, so it makes me wonder
      if the fuel pump is overwhelming the float needles.
        idles fine but the first attempt to accelerate it bogs down then
        catches then bogs some more and so on. I?m going to switch the
        distributor out and the coil to see if my fuel problem is
        actually an ignition problem?you know that old saying.</div>
            style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica;
            font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal;
            font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height:
            normal; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px;
            text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing:
            0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; border-collapse:
            separate; orphans: 2; widows: 2; border-spacing: 0px;
            -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;">
              -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;"><span
                class="Apple-style-span" style="orphans: 2; text-align:
                -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2;
                -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;">
                  space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;"><span
                    class="Apple-style-span" style="orphans: 2;
                    text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows:
                    2; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;">
                      -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break:
                      after-white-space;"><span class="Apple-style-span"
                        style="orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto;
                        text-indent: 0px; widows: 2;
                        -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;">
                          -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break:
                          after-white-space;"><span
                            class="Apple-style-span" style="orphans: 2;
                            text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px;
                            widows: 2;
                            -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;">
                              -webkit-nbsp-mode: space;
                              -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;"><span
                                class="Apple-style-span" style="orphans:
                                2; text-align: -webkit-auto;
                                text-indent: 0px; widows: 2;
                                -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect:
                                none;">
                                  -webkit-nbsp-mode: space;
                                  -webkit-line-break:
                                  after-white-space;"><span
                                    class="Apple-style-span"
                                    style="orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px;
                                    widows: 2;
                                    -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect:
                                    none;">
                                      -webkit-nbsp-mode: space;
                                      -webkit-line-break:
                                      after-white-space;"><span
                                        class="Apple-style-span"
                                        style="orphans: 2; text-indent:
                                        0px; widows: 2;
                                        -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect:
                                        none;">
                                            separate; color: rgb(0, 0,
                                            0); font-family: Helvetica;
                                            font-style: normal;
                                            font-variant: normal;
                                            font-weight: normal;
                                            letter-spacing: normal;
                                            line-height: normal;
                                            text-transform: none;
                                            white-space: normal;
                                            word-spacing: 0px;
                                            border-spacing: 0px;
                                            -webkit-text-stroke-width:
                                            0px;">Bud Rolofson</div>
                                            separate; color: rgb(0, 0,
                                            0); font-family: Helvetica;
                                            font-style: normal;
                                            font-variant: normal;
                                            font-weight: normal;
                                            letter-spacing: normal;
                                            line-height: normal;
                                            text-transform: none;
                                            white-space: normal;
                                            word-spacing: 0px;
                                            border-spacing: 0px;
                                            -webkit-text-stroke-width:
                                            0px;"><br>
                                            separate; color: rgb(0, 0,
                                            0); font-family: Helvetica;
                                            font-style: normal;
                                            font-variant: normal;
                                            font-weight: normal;
                                            letter-spacing: normal;
                                            line-height: normal;
                                            text-transform: none;
                                            white-space: normal;
                                            word-spacing: 0px;
                                            border-spacing: 0px;
                                            -webkit-text-stroke-width:
                                            0px;">Extreme Parts
                                            Racing (more than just a
                                            haircut)</div>
                                            separate; color: rgb(0, 0,
                                            0); font-family: Helvetica;
                                            font-style: normal;
                                            font-variant: normal;
                                            font-weight: normal;
                                            letter-spacing: normal;
                                            line-height: normal;
                                            text-transform: none;
                                            white-space: normal;
                                            word-spacing: 0px;
                                            border-spacing: 0px;
                                            -webkit-text-stroke-width:
                                            0px;"><br>
                                            separate; color: rgb(0, 0,
                                            0); font-family: Helvetica;
                                            font-style: normal;
                                            font-variant: normal;
                                            font-weight: normal;
                                            letter-spacing: normal;
                                            line-height: normal;
                                            text-transform: none;
                                            white-space: normal;
                                            word-spacing: 0px;
                                            border-spacing: 0px;
                                            -webkit-text-stroke-width:
                                            0px;">71 Spitfire MK IV Race
                                            Car #3</div>
                                            separate; color: rgb(0, 0,
                                            0); font-family: Helvetica;
                                            font-style: normal;
                                            font-variant: normal;
                                            font-weight: normal;
                                            letter-spacing: normal;
                                            line-height: normal;
                                            text-transform: none;
                                            white-space: normal;
                                            word-spacing: 0px;
                                            border-spacing: 0px;
                                            -webkit-text-stroke-width:
                                            0px;">69 Spitfire MK III
                                            (back up FE engine/dinghy
                                            car)</div>
                                            separate; color: rgb(0, 0,
                                            0); font-family: Helvetica;
                                            font-style: normal;
                                            font-variant: normal;
                                            font-weight: normal;
                                            letter-spacing: normal;
                                            line-height: normal;
                                            text-transform: none;
                                            white-space: normal;
                                            word-spacing: 0px;
                                            border-spacing: 0px;
                                            -webkit-text-stroke-width:
                                            0px;">93 Minnie Winnie Race
                                            Support Vehicle </div>
                                            separate; color: rgb(0, 0,
                                            0); font-family: Helvetica;
                                            font-style: normal;
                                            font-variant: normal;
                                            font-weight: normal;
                                            letter-spacing: normal;
                                            line-height: normal;
                                            text-transform: none;
                                            white-space: normal;
                                            word-spacing: 0px;
                                            border-spacing: 0px;
                                            -webkit-text-stroke-width:
                                            0px;">77 Z-50A Hardly
                                            Davidson Honda Mini-Trail
                                            Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)</div>
                                          separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
                                          font-family: Helvetica;
                                          font-size: 12px; font-style:
                                          normal; font-variant: normal;
                                          font-weight: normal;
                                          letter-spacing: normal;
                                          line-height: normal;
                                          text-transform: none;
                                          white-space: normal;
                                          word-spacing: 0px;
                                          border-spacing: 0px;
                                          -webkit-text-stroke-width:
                                          0px;"><br>
                                          separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
                                          font-family: Helvetica;
                                          font-size: 12px; font-style:
                                          normal; font-variant: normal;
                                          font-weight: normal;
                                          letter-spacing: normal;
                                          line-height: normal;
                                          text-transform: none;
                                          white-space: normal;
                                          word-spacing: 0px;
                                          border-spacing: 0px;
                                          -webkit-text-stroke-width:
                                          0px;"><br>
                                        class="Apple-interchange-newline">
                                    class="Apple-interchange-newline">
                                class="Apple-interchange-newline">
            rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 18px;
            font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight:
            normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal;
            orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
            text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
            word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">
      <pre wrap="">
** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **

href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>
      Dave Porter
      Porter Custom Bicycles
      2909 Arno St. NE
      Albuquerque, NM 87107
      505-352-1378
      Go HERE: my world <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="http://www.porterbikes.com/";>www.porterbikes.com/</a>

--===============5054741549494416663==--