Re: [TR] off topic question

To: "'Mark Hooper'" <mhooper@indiefilmnet.com>, "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] off topic question
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 14:35:28 -0800
> If you were making your mortgage payments working at a
> regular job with a decent salary and then you were drafted,
> with (presumably) a lower pay as a Private, did you just lose
> your home and tough luck to you, or was there some sort of protection?

As I recall, there was a "hardship exemption".  If you could show undue
hardship, like not being able to support your dependents,
you could get an exemption from military service.  But, back then, the military
actually paid pretty good once you factor in that
they supplied food, housing, clothing, health care and so on.  And probably
just having to sell your house would not count as a
hardship, since you wouldn't need it while in the military (and the military
would help you buy another one after you were
discharged).  They did give you time to settle your affairs (or apply for
re-classification as a student or whatever), so you
wouldn't have to just walk away from it.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive