[TR] TR4 Hard Top Issues

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR4 Hard Top Issues
From: Jeffrey Gayton <jtgayton@icloud.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 12:56:02 -0800
Greetings. Iâ??m trying to figure out the best way to repair my hard top. The
nut thatâ??s secured to the rear of the hard top that lets you bolt the top to
the back glass came loose. This looks like it may be a common problem, as the
one on the other side was riveted back in place (that oneâ??s a bit loose too).
Whatâ??s the best way to repair? My welder was a bit nervous about deforming
the aluminum top itself and suggested trying JB Weld. I wasnâ??t able to get
enough clean surface area for that to work either.

Any other suggestions? My only remaining idea is to pry the nut out, which
would give me access to the inside, presenting me with more clean surface area
for metal putty and epoxy.

Thanks.

â?? Jeff

** triumphs@autox.team.net **