Re: [TR] TR2/3 Trans/OD removal

To: "'Angelo Graham'" <agraham@execulink.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR2/3 Trans/OD removal
From: "wbeech" <wbeech@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 12:52:11 -0600
Angelo,

Second question first: You can pull the trans from inside the car quite
easily so it seems to reason that pulling the OD off the end of the trans
could be done simply as well.  Remove your seats & carpet(where possible)
and cover everything in plastic and/or old blankets to protect your interior
while you are working.   A transmission jack works very nice to cradle and
gently lift and hold the motor while you are working with the OD unit.

First question second: No direct experience in overfilling an OD unit but
logic tells me anything that is overfilled can be prone to leaking as fluids
get up to places they should not be.  Solution would be to drain and re-fill
to the specified level.

Hope this helps,
Bill
TS30800L(O)