Re: [TR] A BBC researcher screws up

To: Hoyt Duff <hoytduff@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] A BBC researcher screws up
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 23:12:30 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Thread-index: jPqV52MTxl3m+eiA8PHEP9MPHr/Oqg== s=q20140121; t=1456355551; bh=hur+8jYbuBlUVWJFi+yVF2KUBaoNBeWRlnnF7Bort1s=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=kBjvRbWIn3169q2vzvNi9/cpvhXFqi8QlR6A5Y0KHkhV39G82Mdt+RcNmp3ieJKyZ HZMKxj50CQp7rEVS1nJzrSQNkAJhO4QjdNgg2R5W9Andd5PkJQEWioTzbLqNaY6f96 Xj2vvwIzw+swepf7G9luFs6i+JGBJrdtPuQayJaGIj0T3y/72Ba1tEfwFrGK2jxgUl uVoWyLv9nSNAIxnrfKeU6xFOhByAieE+ZN2wld4kl/bV9Hb3Mu9+O8kc6sqivcU0Ge QTNHfS07T6h2jjXTp6ZWKX3ypd0AUyXmHumsxZeZ0vi/RQFmpfI+0zYJsoopYIjn7b Vth4RQFSLtB7w==
This Monday at a day long meeting we had a lunch break where I found myself
sharing awkward silence with a high-powered state government official, a very
nice man, I should add.  To fill it, I happily started briefly talking about
sandblasting wire wheels on my vintage Triumph this weekend.

After a moment of him looking blankly befuddled, I realized I'd better change
the topic, since clearly the hobby of antique cars is not universal, nor even
necessarily of vague interest.  I've embarrassed myself in better and more
significant ways over the years, but I'm particularly fond of this one.  Still,
I hope to do better on my next attempt at humiliation, since apparently I'm
fond if it.

So I wonder about journalists too.  They leapfrog from topic to topic--today
it's welfare reform, tomorrow it's the project to bring electricity from Canada
through the White Mountain National Forest.  Have to wonder how they get any of
it straight.

I do love hearing the stories of people on this List.  It's a place in New
Hampshire where, apart from thumbs up from strangers on the road at my TR3A, I
comprehend my company.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667
New Hampshire