[TR] Velcro

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Velcro
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 23:22:55 +0000 (UTC)
Thread-index: 9BrBfSsFyopcXvkhvkO0ej0leZDeIXq/Wdkj s=q20140121; t=1457133775; bh=00ZSdZwZO8e/tMcCuq8LlY5nH0AIanKxEGl8VnwZp9M=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=C8fwk1+NeiRHj4DZgrU4kaWquBI7ZplJQJHqk9wXlsReC5byI03JS0pTLG5LMoRJj zbWUKzcyB2VaIg1KxdkJLPILMOxMx+ybQNsuizPGEa20cs4YRUupczgqsLjGNqpfkr 99EsRrhky0JLDrKBbiJ0k8ZjmyQY9qZzdysmS426pTD3U3IjHcDAhyyy55w6tSBoeD bgCRR0TJoO/Goejyy2XjQA6kbD38arSnHtX6s1f5B+RnLYLHMMtFmN9dyHdXwxqQQG ZuN2TbCNVL2mXiAfU48wYQHlWiQdgpUSVeI8rrjdjH3wVrHm0WzJn0PqY0hHjdsQyH ibJhg4bJvWQ9w==
Thank you to everyone for responding.  I'm sure you're right about snaps being
the preferred method of cinching carpets to the floor pan.

I know I'm a bit odd here on this one.  Just, I love tinkering with this car
during the winter almost (okay, not nearly) as much as I love driving it the
three seasons here in New Hampshire.  In winter, I play with it, and this time
I thought it would be fun to make my own carpets, albeit I may ask a very good
upholstery guy I just found to fabricate a tranny tunnel cover using the old
one as a template.

I'm actually going to try gluing the carpet to a rubber mat I've cut from a
home depot sheet so as to get a solidly fixed carpet that is at the same time
removable when I get caught in the rain.  Probably won't be attractive or work,
and if so, will buy a set on sale next winter.  Gonna be a gas ditzing around
with it, though.

By the by, the newly rebuilt tranny and replaced clutch pressure plate give me
the punch I've never had with this.  Rear wheels chirp...uhm, pretty easy on
ice, I admit.  Magnifique!

Drove it home with the new inspection sticker this afternoon, top down, 19
degrees chilly.

Didn't care.

Best,

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667