[TR] Fwd: 20-50 oil

To: Triumph_send_message <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Fwd: 20-50 oil
From: David Griffiths <daveg@online.no>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 23:09:28 +0100

> Begin forwarded message:
>

>> Regarding issues of sludge, how much of it has to do with
>> using a top quality, micro-porosity oil filter like say WIX
>> or maybe NAPA?

I recommend a book called â??Which Oilâ?? by Richard Michell. I have a car from
the 1920s in addition to a 1957 TR3 and this book gives a very good review of
the development of oils, with their additives, for all vehicles eras, including
gear box and diff. Itâ??s technical, but not too technical. The subtitle of the
book is â??Choosing the right oils & greases fro your vintage, antique, classic
or collector carâ??. It also talks about the development of oil filters. My
1929 doesnâ??t have one of these at all. I think I got it from Amazon.
Dave

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive