[Fot] Interesting Front Suspension Set Up...

Subject: [Fot] Interesting Front Suspension Set Up...
From: tr4abrad at gmail.com (Brad Eells)
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 18:37:23 -0700
Amici,

Perhaps it's old news to you old hands here. I tore down my front
suspension in the Spitfire this weekend. One of my interesting finds in the
always ongoing detective work with the car was the was the bushing set up.

I had found all stock rubber in the back and was expecting the same in the
front. What I found was a nicely engineered solid bushing set up, with a
pressed in bronze sleeve and then then a steel insert sleeve. The bushings
were located by what I now know to be a brass/bronze DX 08 Split Bush
Washer, one on one side of the sleeve and 2 on the other. The bolt and nut
are AN at 7/16", stock is 3/8".

The bushings did show some wear so I want to replace them. Turns out the
only source I can find is in the UK...luckily they sell on EBay, though the
price is quite steep.

Kas is likely to be very familiar with this set up...just wondered if
others are...and what is the unfair advantage of the DX 08 Split Bush
Washer?

Pic below shows an upper A-arm with the steel insert sleeve along with an
insert sleeve out for detail.

Thoughts?

?

*Brad Eells*