[Fot] FW: TR3 Exhaust

Subject: [Fot] FW: TR3 Exhaust
From: JIBrooks at Live.com (Jack Brooks)
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 00:51:47 +0000
It's good to hear that everyone like the stock TR2 muffler.  I took an older
TR3 muffler apart and found, like others did, that it was a straight through,
perforated pipe, glass pack.

I ordered some Brockman mellowtone mufflers for my TR8 and elected to grab one
for the TR3 too.  It was odd calling in a 3 muffler order. <grin>  I love the
way they sound on the TR8, which does not currently have a crossover pipe, so
it's basically 2 each @ 1.75 liter engines.  It sounds deep and has a great
burble at idle and mellows out as the RPM's go up.  I did this late fall and
don't have much time on them, but my first impression was awesome and glad I
had one more for the TR3.  YouTube has lots of videos with audio.

They are straight through, 2 inch "louvered" pipe, glass packs, so they should
flow well.  I will exit at the stock location.

http://www.brockmancustomparts.com/  I brought the 26" body x 36 inch overall
ones in a 2 inch glass pack because I wanted relative quiet sound.  They said
they use these long ones on busses <blush>  but I love the way they sound on
the TR8 and suspect they will be similar on the TR3.

Good luck,

Jack