[Fot] FW: Failed Parts Alert

Subject: [Fot] FW: Failed Parts Alert
From: jerryvv at roadrunner.com (Jerry Van Vlack)
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 13:42:57 -0400
I?ve had some training in non-destructive inspection methods while working in
the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. As Chuck mentions magnetic particle
methods are preferred when dealing with ferrous materials. Dye Penetrant is
good but unless you know how to use the dye, clean excess dye, and how to apply
the developer white powder you can miss detecting cracks. Too much dye,
excessive cleaning of dye and over application of developer are all ways to
mask cracks. Stick with magnetic particle and you?ll find those cracks. Less
mess too.
JVV