[TR] Craftsman torque wrench

Subject: [TR] Craftsman torque wrench
From: jdinnis at gmail.com (John Innis)
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 10:24:05 -0500
The only time I have ever needed to calibrate a wrench was because it
broke.  On my Craftsman that I bought in 1993 the adjustment nut came loose
after about 20 years of service, so I reassembled it and re-calibrated.
Since I had the set up there I also tested another Craftsman I had of the
same vintage and a Snap-ON I bought in 2016.  Both of the other two
wrenches were within 5 ft-lbs. which I consider to be about as good as you
are going to get with this style of wrench.  When I was working on
airplanes for a living the shop sent torque wrenches out for re-calibration
every 12 months.  I have no idea if the service that we used ever did any
adjustment on them or not.