[TR] TR2/3 coil & condenser info.

Subject: [TR] TR2/3 coil & condenser info.
From: agraham at execulink.com (Angelo Graham)
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 13:45:25 -0400
Hello List:

Thinking of replacing my 50+ year old Lucas Sport coil on the TR2; still
works well, but would like to keep it as my "get me home" spare.
Wondering what the current wisdom on coils is? Stick with the Lucas
Sport or a Bosch?? Have conventional ignition.

Also replacing the old paper wrapped (:-)) condenser with one received
from TRF with a points kit. Happen to have a bunch of condensers from my
old Volvo B18 days (Lucas distributor). Would they work with the TR
points? Do condensers have an ohm rating?

Thanks for any insights.

Angelo Graham