Re: [TR] SU H6 Carb Question

To: James Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] SU H6 Carb Question
From: Paul Dorsey <dorpaul1@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2018 11:13:28 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--00000000000088b6a50575ea6268

 At some point, I was going to ask the group if I were doing things
improperly here. The only way I can get the piston to drop  with a click is
to leave the assembly  untightened. What should I do?

On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 9:52 AM James Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks.  I installed that way and now working on centering jet properly.
> My first time doing these do not in a big hurry.  Curious thing is I do t
> get the =E2=80=9Cclick=E2=80=9D of the piston when it falls to base while=
 testing jet
> center.   Even without the shoe jet assembly installed it doesn=E2=80=99t=
 click.
> Seems to be the vacuum in the chamber is acting as a shock absorber.  I=
=E2=80=99m
> going to try I a different cover assembly with piston to see if better
> fit.  Good news is I have a spare set.
> Thanks,
> Jim
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Sep 15, 2018, at 1:26 AM, Wbeech@flash.net <wbeech@flash.net> wrote:
> >
> > The shoulder should be flush with the base of the piston.  I insert it
> just a little high then use a straightedge to bring down to flush.  This
> way I know they are both equally positioned.
> > Bill
> > TS30800L
> >
> > Sent from my Handspring Treo
> >
> > On Sep 14, 2018, at 11:08 PM, Jim Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > When inserting a new needle into the damper piston bottom, does the
> needle
> > go all the way to "bottom out" in the hole, then secure with set screw.
> Or
> > does it go down before bottoming out so the wider shoulder of the needl=
> is
> > flat with base of piston?  SU H6 carb for TR3A.
> > Thanks,
> > Jim Henningsen
> > Ocala FL
> >
> > ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
> >
> > Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs
> http://www.team.net/archive
> >
> > Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/wbeech@flash.net
> >
> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dorpaul1@gmail.com

--00000000000088b6a50575ea6268

 I were doing things improperly here. The only way I can get the piston to =
drop =C2=A0with a click is to leave the assembly =C2=A0untightened. What sh=
"ltr">On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 9:52 AM James Henningsen &lt;<a href=3D"mailt=
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid=
;padding-left:1ex">Thanks.=C2=A0 I installed that way and now working on ce=
ntering jet properly.=C2=A0 My first time doing these do not in a big hurry=
.=C2=A0 Curious thing is I do t get the =E2=80=9Cclick=E2=80=9D of the pist=
on when it falls to base while testing jet center.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Even without=
 the shoe jet assembly installed it doesn=E2=80=99t click.=C2=A0 Seems to b=
e the vacuum in the chamber is acting as a shock absorber.=C2=A0 I=E2=80=99=
m going to try I a different cover assembly with piston to see if better fi=
t.=C2=A0 Good news is I have a spare set.=C2=A0 <br>
Thanks,<br>
Jim<br>
Sent from my iPhone<br>
&gt; On Sep 15, 2018, at 1:26 AM, <a href=3D"mailto:Wbeech@flash.net"; targe=
t=3D"_blank">Wbeech@flash.net</a> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:wbeech@flash.net"; t=
arget=3D"_blank">wbeech@flash.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; The shoulder should be flush with the base of the piston.=C2=A0 I inse=
rt it just a little high then use a straightedge to bring down to flush.=C2=
=A0 This way I know they are both equally positioned.=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; Bill<br>
&gt; TS30800L<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Sent from my Handspring Treo<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; On Sep 14, 2018, at 11:08 PM, Jim Henningsen &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:trg=
uy75@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">trguy75@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; When inserting a new needle into the damper piston bottom, does the ne=
edle<br>
&gt; go all the way to &quot;bottom out&quot; in the hole, then secure with=
 set screw.=C2=A0 Or<br>
&gt; does it go down before bottoming out so the wider shoulder of the need=
le is<br>
&gt; flat with base of piston?=C2=A0 SU H6 carb for TR3A.=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; Thanks,<br>
&gt; Jim Henningsen<br>
&gt; Ocala FL<br>
&gt; <br>