Re: [TR] TR3A Choke Question choke/throttle

To: fogbro1 <fogbro1@comcast.net>, Creig Houghtaling <creig555@live.com>, Jim Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com>, 'triumphs' <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Choke Question choke/throttle
From: Paul Tegler <ptegler@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 19:40:11 -0500

--------------550BEEE79AF1F8BF2084EE44

ha... pedal down.... choke idle cam is not trying to push the throttle
open via the throttle stop screw that rides on it.

ptegler

--
Paul Tegler
ptegler@verizon.net  www.teglerizer.com

--------------550BEEE79AF1F8BF2084EE44

  <head>
  </head>
      throttle open via the throttle stop screw that rides on it.</p>
      cite="mid:c3vfgs2s7yuu2wcj4am4srci.1541529066498@email.android.com">
        problem. </div>
        would make the choke easier to operate? </div>
          Connecting. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5</div>
      -------- Original message --------<br>
        font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt">
        I rebuilt a pair of carbs 3 times trying to figure out the
        trick.  The best advice I got was soak the cork seals in oil.
        Not just for an hour or overnight.  Try a week.  When I put the
        carbs together and leave the nuts squeezing the seals on with a
        light amount of pressure.  Put everything together.  You'll
        notice the chokes work very nicely.  But when you run the car,
        the seals will leak gasoline.  Tighten the seal nuts a little at
        a time till the gas stops leaking.  If you're lucky you might
        still be able to pull the choke.</div>
        font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt">
        font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt">
        I am curious if anyone has used the new seals I see that Moss
        sells?  Are they any better?</div>
        font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt">
        font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt">
        Creig</div>
        font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt">
      <hr tabindex="-1" style="display:inline-block; width:98%">
          face="Calibri, sans-serif" color="#000000"><b>From:</b>
          Triumphs <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net";>&lt;triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net&gt;</a>
 on behalf of
          Jim Henningsen <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:trguy75@gmail.com";>&lt;trguy75@gmail.com&gt;</a><br>
            style="font-size:11pt">
              new carb linkage etc.  Unfortunately<br>
              after all this tuning the carbs hesitate at first push of
              the pedal.  They<br>
              kind of go  huhh  then rev the engine. It's a hesitation.
              Seems to be<br>
              better with choke on.   The choke cable is hard to pull
              out.  Takes two ands<br>
              to pull out and then twist to lock.  That's to really get
              the choke levers<br>
              to move both jets down.  Is this normal or maybe I need a
              new choke cable.<br>
              I think the resistance is in the mechanism engineering.
              Any thoughts on<br>
              aither issue.  Hard choke pull or hesitation.<br>
              Thanks<br>
              Jim Henningsen (aka still learning the 3)<br>
              Ocala, FL<br>
              61 TR3A<br>
              62 TR4<br>
              75 TR6<br>
              82 Jeep CJ8<br>
              02 Triumph Trophy 1200<br>
              ** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **<br>
              Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
                moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
              Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
                moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
              Unsubscribe/Manage: <a

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/creig555@live.com";
                moz-do-not-send="true">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/creig555@live.com</a><br>
      <pre wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>