Re: [TR] TR6 blinker switch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 blinker switch
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 11:19:48 -0700

--------------4C1DB36A999A8687EA86D31F

On 11/24/18 10:44 AM, dave wrote:
> Here is a picture of the blinker switch wires on the wiring diagram.
>  If i connect blue to red/green, i get connectivity with the switch in
> one position.   In the other position i get no connectivity between
> the blue and any other wire.   Is the switch bad?  Can anyone tell me
> what the wires are for since i don't see the correlation between the
> diagram and the switch?

Does the switch double as a high beam dip switch? Your wiring diagram
doesn't seem to be for your year TR.

I have a 1960's wire colour use chart which may help.

Brown =always hot

Blue = direct feed from headlamp switch (usually goes to dip switch)

Blue/white usually provides power to high beams.

Brown/blue = power feed to the headlamp switch

Red/green = 4 way flasher circuit?

TeriAnn

--

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*

--------------4C1DB36A999A8687EA86D31F

  <head>
  </head>
      cite="mid:20181124175300.773EC2589A8F@autox.team.net">
      Here is a picture of the blinker switch wires on the wiring
      diagram.   If i connect blue to red/green, i get connectivity with
      the switch in one position.   In the other position i get no
      connectivity between the blue and any other wire.   Is the switch
      bad?  Can anyone tell me what the wires are for since i don't see
      the correlation between the diagram and the switch?<br>
      diagram doesn't seem to be for your year TR.<br>
      switch)</p>
          Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
          Canada</a>
        2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
        what to write<br>

--------------4C1DB36A999A8687EA86D31F--

--===============3254236420301000752==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **