Re: [TR] TR3 steering box

To: "'Randall'" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>, "'dave'" <dave@ranteer.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 steering box
From: "Andrew Uprichard" <auprichard@uprichard.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 08:32:56 -0500
I agree with Randall on all his points.  If the worm has chips, it is toast
and repair is beyond the average "tinkerer".  But there are guys like Mike
Buonanduci and Marv Gruber who may have a spare.  I was recently at Mike's
and picked up a column which was in great shape.

There are weld-on and bolt-on R&P conversions.  Racetorations has a very
elegant bolt-on conversion which I have in 2 of my cars.  Like Randall says,
you will have to find an alternative for the horn and turn signal, but it
does allow for a nice 14-inch steering wheel.

Disclaimer:  Racetorations is owned by my cousin, but no financial interest.

Andrew Uprichard
Jackson, Michigan