Re: [TR] Oil pump re-assembly 4 cyl. TR motor

To: "'Randall'" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>, "'Alan & Lyn Dunscombe'" <dunscomb@chch.planet.org.nz>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Oil pump re-assembly 4 cyl. TR motor
From: "Andrew Uprichard" <auprichard@uprichard.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 11:09:23 -0500
One additional point.  I once rebuilt an engine, but couldn't get good oil
pressure.  As I had re-used the original oil pump, I pulled the sump to see
if the problem was a faulty oil pump.  It was then I realized I had not used
the gasket between the pump and the block.  Significant oil must haven
leaking there as a gasket solved the problem.

Andrew Uprichard
Jackson, Michigan