[TR] Tappet fell back

To: "Triumph list Team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Tappet fell back
From: Paul Dorsey <dorpaul1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 21:34:43 -0500

--000000000000e339b6057de3ac64

Well, I  did it.  I lifted a pushrod up out of the engine and I let the
tappet fall.  Will it now require taking the head off the engine to get at
it?  Also, since it was on the intake of #4, I noticed water & oil (white
froth?) on the bottom 2" of the pushrod.  I also withdrew the pushrod (this
time using successfully the coat hanger trick) on the exhaust lifter of the
same cylinder; it too, had 2" of the white froth on it.  However, the other
pushrods seemed dry.  The engine's oil had been drained several weeks ago.
I doubt this whitish oil meant much since the oil system will be flushed
and refilled prior to starting the motor.

I was bummed out since it was such a beautiful day and starting it may have
to be put off till spring,

Thanks, Paul Dorsey  60 TR3

--000000000000e339b6057de3ac64

he engine and I let the tappet fall.=C2=A0 Will it now require taking the h=
ead off the engine to get at it?=C2=A0 Also, since it was on the intake of =
#4, I noticed water &amp; oil (white froth?) on the bottom 2&quot; of the p=
ushrod.=C2=A0 I also withdrew the pushrod (this time using successfully the=
 coat hanger trick) on the exhaust lifter of the same cylinder; it too, had=
 2&quot; of the white froth on it.=C2=A0 However, the other pushrods seemed=
 dry.=C2=A0 The engine&#39;s oil had been drained several weeks ago.=C2=A0 =

--===============7171967650201773907==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

--===============7171967650201773907==--