Re: [TR] TR 6 Windshield Wiper Motor

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR 6 Windshield Wiper Motor
From: dwoerpel@wi.net
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 20:09:26 -0600

--=_6644ac375c8ba1238c1eacc9f100a2f2

Robert,

The current issue of _Moss Motoring Magazine_ has a tech
article that will get you started at rebuilding the wiper motor. Not
sure if it's the same as on my Bugeye but it was pretty easy to do. I
did mine in 1992 as the grease was hard and the gears wouldn't turn.

Regards,

Dave W.

'59 :{)

'59 MGA 1500

"Pay It Forward"

On
2019-01-12 13:10, Robert Jones wrote:

> After 45 years my windshield
wiper motor has given up the ghost. I purchased an new motor from TRF
and in the catalog it states that it comes without the gear. The one I
got has the gear but I wonder if the gear that comes with these new
motors is for a L.H.S. car and that is the reason you need to remove
your old gear and install it in the new motor. The old gear has 115o
stamped on the top. The new on doesn't have anything.

> Anyone
replaced one of these/ Can you give me some help?

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> Donate:
> Archive:
http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs [2] http://www.team.net/archive
[3]

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dwoerpel@wi.net [4]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.team.net/donate.html
[2]
http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs
[3]
[4]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dwoerpel@wi.net

--=_6644ac375c8ba1238c1eacc9f100a2f2

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN">
that will get you started at rebuilding the wiper motor.&nbsp; Not sure if =
it's the same as on my Bugeye but it was pretty easy to do. I did mine in 1=
992 as the grease was hard and the gears wouldn't turn.</p>
x solid; margin-left:5px; width:100%"><!-- html ignored --><!-- head ignore=
d --><!-- meta ignored -->
<pre>After 45 years my windshield wiper motor has given up the ghost.  I pu=
rchased an new motor from TRF and in the catalog it states that it comes wi=
thout the gear.  The one I got has the gear but I wonder if the gear that c=
omes with these new motors is for a L.H.S. car and that is the reason you n=
eed to remove your old gear and install it in the new motor.  The old gear =
has 115o stamped on the top.  The new on doesn&rsquo;t have anything.

Anyone replaced one of these/  Can you give me some help?

Thanks

Bob
** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> *=
*