[TR] TR3 differential thrust bearing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3 differential thrust bearing
From: TERRY SMITH <terryrs@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 18:18:17 -0400 (EDT)
Hello, everyone.  Have been hearing a clunk from the rear of the car for a few
years.  Research seems to indicate it could be the differential thrust bearing.
 I can't, however, seem to find how difficult this is to change.  Some
commenters mention the difficulty of setting differential "lash."  Whatever
that is, though wonder if it has to do with setting the load by getting the
torque correct on the pinion.

Can I undo the 6 bolts on the differential, drop what I need to out, and do an
r&r (remove and replace), or is it better just to source a moderately used
differential and swap out.  Thoughts?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire
** triumphs@autox.team.net **