Re: [TR] TR3A Questions

To: Jim Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Questions
From: "Wbeech@flash.net" <wbeech@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 21:11:38 -0500
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
1. The need for more hardware, 6-vane pump, just indicates a bigger problem.
I am assuming you are using the car for a fairly normal style of driving.  You
can try just pulling the stat to eliminate it as a problem.  But, my opinion is
that you have some significant blockage in the block, assumed your current pump
is good.  Have done any flushing and back -flushing?

2. The valve is supposed to keep the pads/shoes close but not drag as to be
restrictive.   On a previous car I bypassed it as I thought it was causing a
problem at one wheel only to learn the real problem was a crushed brake line at
that wheel.   Didnâ??t notice any difference running without it.

Bill

Sent from my DynaTAC 8000X