[TR] Transmission 1st Gear

To: "Triumphs (triumphs@autox.team.net)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Transmission 1st Gear
From: Rochlin Robert <rrochlin@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 17:54:47 -0400
        I got my TR6 back together yesterday after replacing the overdrive
solenoid, but itâ??s never that simpleâ?¦
        While replacing the solenoid the shifter did jam, but I donâ??t think I
damaged it while freeing it up. Now when driving the car it I find that I can
put the transmission in 1st gear and when I let up the clutch itâ??s in
neutral.  It doesnâ??t pop out of first, apparently, even though it feels like
itâ??s in first it is not.  Other than that the transmission and O/D work
perfectly.
        My only thoughts as a not well versed transmission guy are that the
shift gate adjustments are off(unlikely) or that there is something is off with
the 1st/2nd shift fork.
        Lastly can the transmission top cover be removed with the transmission
in the car or does the transmission meed to be removed?
        Best,
        Bob Rochlin
        â??72 TR6
** triumphs@autox.team.net **