[TR] Transmission 1st Gear and Clutch

To: "Triumphs (triumphs@autox.team.net)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Transmission 1st Gear and Clutch
From: Rochlin Robert <rrochlin@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 08:15:07 -0400
        I appreciate all the replies to my clutch question.  A number of folks
suggested the Toyota 6 speed conversion as a solution of the clutch issues.  If
I used my LBC as a true daily driver I think that 6 speed conversion would be
an elegant solution to some of the TR6 driveline foibles.  Since My Triumph is
a daily driver only in the summer and mostly for joy rides, I'm going to stick
with the stock components as my own preference is to drive and experience the
car as it was in 1972.  The transmission and overdrive have proved to be
dependable (except fo the this latest difficulty) and I like the feel of the
old car.
        Growing up my father had a  auto repair shop in the Dorchester section
of Boston. I can remember that advent of disc brakes, the first tubeless tires
and   24 cent a gallon gas. Now gas is $3.00 a gallon, cars donâ??t use drum
brakes, and itâ??s difficult to find a tube for your wire wheels, or 30wt non
detergent oil off the shelf. Itâ??s fun to drive a car that's a time machine
back to those Dorchester days.  As we used to say at Rockyâ??s Service Station,
â??Iâ??m going to pull the trannyâ??  this week.
Bob Rochlin
â??72 TR6
** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html