Re: [TR] clutch issue

To: triumphs@autox.team.net 7OQBtOuH0SDBt3Icr4HMT1zhG9rlVTtL4JDa8I4s4qXfAQrRvQEsCyMc
Subject: Re: [TR] clutch issue
From: Frank Magnusson <fmags@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 14:11:05 -0500
Not sure what they mean by the clutch doesn't work.  Is the pedal dead (master
or slave obviously needs rebuilt), or is the pedal nice and firm but no
response from the clutch?   If the later, I've had this happen a few times on a
GT6.  What I've done is to start it in 2nd gear with open driveway / road in
front of you (!) as Geo said.  Then pump the clutch pedal while also pumping
the gas pedal.  That shock loading has broken it loose several times.  Once I
had to go up a steep hill doing the same thing and let it slowly decelerate
until it literally started bucking and it broke loose.  You can do the same
thing by slowly coming to a stop with the pedal depressed and let the engine
die; it will usualy start bucking and that shock usually does the trick.

Frank

** triumphs@autox.team.net **