Re: [TR] U.S. EPA Finalizes Rulemaking to Permit Year-Round Sales of E15

To: "'Greg Lemon'" <grglmn@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] U.S. EPA Finalizes Rulemaking to Permit Year-Round Sales of E15 Gasoline
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 13:57:42 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, 'Pete Arakelian' <Arakelianp@mossmotors.com>

Personally, I think having more choice is a Good Thing, even if the choices
are not things I want to choose.  AFAIK, the state of California does not
allow E15 here (yet), but I've pulled up to lots of gas pumps in other parts
of the country where the button for E15 is right next to the one for E85.
Didn't hurt me or my car a bit! (Since I didn't push either one of them.)

> I will get the Dremel out and see what I can come up with,
> just take a little of the needle to allow more fual and
> compensate for lower energy content, right??

Those brass needles are really soft; I would suggest a fine tooth file and a
light touch rather than a Dremel.  I haven't worked out how big the flat
should be, but it won't take much.  You're only looking for something like
5% more fuel (or maybe 6%, depending on whose numbers you believe).

Again assuming you want to run E15 in the first place.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **