Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 12, Issue 143

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 12, Issue 143
From: Anthony Rhodes <spamiam@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 16:57:26 -0400
Cc: terryrs@comcast.net
Well, maybe not give up
On electronic ignition completely.  I am not a great fan of Pertronix, but they
are fairly reliable.

Even better would be a 45DM4 or 47DM4 distributor from an MG :0 (magnetic
reluctor trigger inside) plus the AB14  ignition module.  This is essentially
the Lucas CEI ignition system. And the AB14 is actually a Delco HEI ignition
module internally.  You run it with a full 12 volts BUT you use a 1.5 ohm ("6
volt") coil.  The module limits the coil current and it gives a nice strong
spark, and the module is extremely reliable.

But well maintained points are perfectly fine!!!  The DM4 dizzy plus AB14 coil
needs less maintenance (not zero maintenance!) and is possibly more reliable
than points.

-Tony

** triumphs@autox.team.net **