Re: [TR] Driving from Maryland to Texas for the VTR Nationals

To: Gary Klein <tr6.guy@verizon.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Driving from Maryland to Texas for the VTR Nationals
From: Michael Porter <mdporter@dfn.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 21:47:32 -0600

--------------F3B9838C188DD41DB888DBE6

On 6/29/2019 8:35 AM, Gary Klein wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> I?m considering a drive from central MD to Dripping Springs TX in
> October, and would like to form a caravan of any interested owners
> going to the nationals.  I?m thinking safety in numbers and whether
> you?re driving or trailering your car, perhaps we can meet up and head
> down together.

Things to avoid:  It wouldn't affect you, but, for those coming from the
west, stay away from I-20 near Colorado City.  There isn't a word for
what it is.  It's not a speed trap, per se.  They aren't looking for
speeders.  They target out-of-state cars doing the speed limit, and then
ticket them for speeding, on the presumption that they'll pay the ticket
rather than come back for court.  And, coming back for court does little
good, since they don't honor requests for discovery. (BTDT). 15 mph over
translates, with court costs, to $400-600.

Let's put it this way--the north side of Colorado City is a shithole,
abandoned buildings going to ruin, etc., but the courthouse is like a
ruby in a cowflop.  It and its grounds are immaculate, and they get the
money to keep it that way from out-of-staters like you and me.

It's quicker, anyway, to go south on US 87 at Big Springs to San Angelo,
and then take one of the feeder roads to Austin, rather than go on I-20
to I-35 South.

Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....

--------------F3B9838C188DD41DB888DBE6

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      cite="mid:096301d52e87$efa0e7a0$cee2b6e0$@verizon.net">
        charset=windows-1252">
        medium)">
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:purple;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
        color:black;
        font-weight:normal;
        font-style:normal;
        text-decoration:none none;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->

style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">Everyone,<o:p></o:p></span></p>

style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
            style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">I?m
            considering a drive from central MD to Dripping Springs TX
            in October, and would like to form a caravan of any
            interested owners going to the nationals.  I?m thinking
            safety in numbers and whether you?re driving or trailering
            your car, perhaps we can meet up and head down
together.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
      from the west, stay away from I-20 near Colorado City.  There
      isn't a word for what it is.  It's not a speed trap, per se.  They
      aren't looking for speeders.  They target out-of-state cars doing
      the speed limit, and then ticket them for speeding, on the
      presumption that they'll pay the ticket rather than come back for
      court.  And, coming back for court does little good, since they
      don't honor requests for discovery. (BTDT). 15 mph over
      translates, with court costs, to $400-600.<br>
      shithole, abandoned buildings going to ruin, etc., but the
      courthouse is like a ruby in a cowflop.  It and its grounds are
      immaculate, and they get the money to keep it that way from
      out-of-staters like you and me.</p>
      Angelo, and then take one of the feeder roads to Austin, rather
      than go on I-20 to I-35 South.</p>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking
distance....</pre>

--------------F3B9838C188DD41DB888DBE6--

--===============2189689266694456621==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **