Re: [TR] TR4A - This Seems Odd

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A - This Seems Odd
From: Paul Tegler <ptegler@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 15:01:23 -0400

--------------ECFCA46A592BAD523596ADE0

seconded (vac leak)

also manually (by hand) check and push up on the jet tubes
underneath..not uncommon to stick open a bit

ptegler

--
Paul Tegler
ptegler@verizon.net  www.teglerizer.com

--------------ECFCA46A592BAD523596ADE0

  <head>
  </head>
      underneath..not uncommon to stick open a bit</p>
      cite="mid:7a600ee0-2248-a35d-16eb-1527eebfb1cd@adelphia.net">
        trouble with them. Car idles fine and throttle response is
        similar to my 3, which has H6s and my 6 which has the Hitachi
        HS6 carbs. I think you may have a vacuum leak somewhere,
        manifold most likely or maybe a problem with the float valve?
        What fuel pump do you use? I have the Facet model on all 3
        running about 2PSI at the regulator.</p>
        be fuel to the throttle body that is if you have the needle
        installed on the piston correctly.<br>
        wrote:<br>
        cite="mid:5B708EC1-BB2D-4EFD-9169-C413AD8FF550@genfiniti.com">
          charset=UTF-8">
        All,
          my rebuilt lever shocks to arrive..</div>
          conditions:</div>
          <ul class="">
            <li class="">Idle screws are backed off all the way, not
              touching the plate, therefore not opening the throttle
              plate. ??(In theory, they are fully closed.)</li>
            <li class="">Mixtures nuts all the way lean. (In theory,
              there should be ZERO fuel going into the carbs.)</li>
            <li class="">Both the throttle and choke are loosened from
              the linkage, making sure jets are all the way up, and
              throttles are not sticking</li>
          </ul>
          HS6 carbs, with super throttle shaft bushing, perfectly
          centered jets, etc.</div>
          is this engine running?</div>
          when starved?</div>
          than maybe looking to make sure the needles/jets are matched
          correctly)</div>
            -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" class="">
              font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps:
              normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
              text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none;
              white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;
              -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">Kind Regards,<br class="">
              Guy D. Huggins<br class="">
                moz-do-not-send="true">gdhuggins@genfiniti.com</a><br
                class="">
              817.454.6415</div>
              font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps:
              normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
              text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none;
              white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;
              -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=""><br class="">
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";
moz-do-not-send="true">triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive";
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>