Re: [TR] Temp Gauge failing?

To: "'William Pugh'" <anabil007@comcast.net>, "'TR3/6'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Temp Gauge failing?
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 15:33:39 -0700
I'm with Andrew.  My guess is that the act of changing the thermostat caused
a tiny crack in the capillary tube, which has been slowly letting ether gas
escape.  Yesterday there was enough ether left inside to push the gauge to
120F (even though the coolant was probably much hotter), today there isn't
enough to move it at all.

Getting your gauge rebuilt may be marginally cheaper than a new one, but
still not cheap.

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild

** triumphs@autox.team.net **