[TR] Floor Jack

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Floor Jack
From: TERRY SMITH <terryrs@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 22:18:57 -0400 (EDT)

------=_Part_55319_1953315344.1572229137148

I have gone to Home Gods with my wife more times than I can actually sleep
through.  But today, she came with me to Harbor Freight in Manchester, NH.
She's amazing.  She was more interested in that than I was in HG.  So now, we
call HF the Home Goods for Guys.
Thing is, my floor jack died.  I did fix it by bleeding the hydraulics, but it
was an excuse to realize it never fit under the cross member or differential of
my TR3A.  Found a Pittsburgh low-profile jack (that I haven't tried yet, but
measurements are positive).  So excited!
I've previously had to use a scrapped Toyota's scissor jack to hand-screw up
enough to accommodate a floor jack, then re-jack with a floor jack.  Reverse
the procedure to get the car back onto the floor.  Oh, I cannot wait!

So question.  HB Pittsburgh floor jacks seem "okay" for the price.  Thoughts?

Terry Smith, '59 Tr3A
New Hampshire, where the color is gone, the leaves have dropped, it's raining,
and the end is near.
------=_Part_55319_1953315344.1572229137148

<!doctype html>
 <head>
 </head>
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   I have gone to Home Gods with my wife more times than I can actually sleep
through.&nbsp; But today, she came with me to Harbor Freight in Manchester,
NH.&nbsp; She's amazing.&nbsp; She was more interested in that than I was in
HG.&nbsp; So now, we call HF the Home Goods for Guys.&nbsp;&nbsp;
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   Thing is, my floor jack died.&nbsp; I did fix it by bleeding the hydraulics,
but it was an excuse to realize it never fit under the cross member or
differential of my TR3A.&nbsp; Found a Pittsburgh low-profile jack (that I
haven't tried yet, but measurements are positive).&nbsp; So excited!
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   I've previously had to use a scrapped Toyota's scissor jack to hand-screw up
enough to accommodate a floor jack, then re-jack with a floor jack.&nbsp;
Reverse the procedure to get the car back onto the floor.&nbsp; Oh, I cannot
wait!
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   So question.&nbsp; HB Pittsburgh floor jacks seem "okay" for the
price.&nbsp; Thoughts?
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   Terry Smith, '59 Tr3A