[TR] Fwd: Re: needs repaired

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Fwd: Re: needs repaired
From: Paul Tegler <ptegler@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2020 10:51:18 -0500

--------------2F5BB12444F755CB97D77445

typing in high school ancient mechanical typewriters...... final exam
end of the year ...teacher throws towels over everyone typewriter and hands!
I had two mistakes on the full page.... scored 76 word a minute.

Then never touched a typewriter or keyboard for 5 years. Computers in
the very late 70's and very early 80s, made me realize I'd lost all that
typing skill.

Over the last 40 years I've authored millions of lines of code
programming factory roboitcs, video, automated testing, even an
co-authored a complete C.A.S.E. environment
for clean room testing hybrid micro circuits.

To this day if  5 fingers on b

--
Paul Tegler
ptegler@verizon.net   www.teglerizer.com

--------------2F5BB12444F755CB97D77445

  <head>

  </head>
        final exam end of the year ...teacher throws towels over
        everyone typewriter and hands!<br>
        I had two mistakes on the full page.... scored 76 word a minute.<br>
        Computers in the very late 70's and very early 80s, made me
        realize I'd lost all that typing skill.</p>
        programming factory roboitcs, video, automated testing, even an
        co-authored a complete C.A.S.E. environment<br>
        for clean room testing hybrid micro circuits.</p>
        wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAFtw3aYKw=MUoxzt7cj00mBU+jdr=Myb+gnVWtkjuVQFi=pGrg@mail.gmail.com">
          charset=UTF-8">
            my job and hobbies for over 30 years.  I use four fingers.
            If I don't think about it I realize sometimes I am doing it
            from muscle memory and not looking, if I start to think
            about it the magic goes away and I have to look.  Still make
            way too many mistakes.  Preparing papers for college with a
            typewriter was pretty painful, I tell the kids these
            stories, but they just roll their eyes.</div>
            can't do the two fingered thing like the kids.
            Interestingly, I just noticed, I type with my right hand on
            my phone, even though I am very left dominent with most
            everything else I do.</div>
            PM Patrick Baize &lt;<a href="mailto:pbaize@satx.rr.com";
              moz-do-not-send="true">pbaize@satx.rr.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                "Mavis Beaves teaches typing", didn't work. I have been
                writing software for over 30 years, I use 3 fingers, 1
                on left hand, 2 on the right.  <br>
                  Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">
                      am self taught.  I remember staying up all night
                      typing a report for class in highschool.  When I
                      started working there was no need for an engineer
                      to type.  Enter the desk-top computer  Now I spend
                      most of my time staring at a screen typing on a
                      keyboard.  Who'd a thunk?</font><br>

style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original
                    Message-----<br>
                    From: jpaynepbr <a href="mailto:jpaynepbr@cox.net";
                      target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;jpaynepbr@cox.net&gt;</a><br>
                    To: 'TeriAnn J. Wakeman' <a
                      href="mailto:tjwakeman@gmail.com"; target="_blank"
                      rel="noreferrer"
moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;tjwakeman@gmail.com&gt;</a>;
                    triumphs <a href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";
                      target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"

moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;triumphs@autox.team.net&gt;</a><br>
                    Sent: Thu, Jan 30, 2020 9:07 pm<br>
                    Subject: Re: [TR] needs repaired<br>
                      were going to graduate and be "college bound", you
                      had to take a typing class.  It was Sr. year and
                      it was "Health" one semester, "Typing" the next or
                      vice versa.<br clear="none">
                      If you were "Vo-Tech" typing was an option, but
                      "Health" was still mandatory.  <br clear="none">
                      Same teacher taught both classes.  One of the most
                      bitter and angry people I have ever met.  <br
                        clear="none">
                      The though of  "Health" class taught by an angry,
                      frigid, humorless 60 year old woman still makes me
                      wonder.  I guess if you had to manage the subject
                      matter with a bunch of teenagers, many of whom
                      were headed nowhere, after a few years, you would
                      end up like that too.<br clear="none">
                      Typing was one of the most valuable skills I ever
                      learned.  <br clear="none">
                      My kids all had typing classes in public schools
                      in 1st and 2nd grade post 2010.  <br clear="none">
                      Time and technology change everything. <br
                        clear="none">
                      I wish I could learn to type on a phone and manage
                      the "autocorrect", that would be something.<br
                        clear="none">
                      -----Original Message-----<br clear="none">
                      From: Triumphs &lt;<a shape="rect" rel="noopener
                        noreferrer noreferrer"
moz-do-not-send="true">triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                      On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. Wakeman<br clear="none">
                      Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2020 6:38 PM<br
                        clear="none">
                      To: <a shape="rect" rel="noopener noreferrer
                        noreferrer"
moz-do-not-send="true">triumphs@autox.team.net</a><br
                        clear="none">
                      Subject: Re: [TR] needs repaired<br clear="none">
                      On 1/30/20 6:23 PM, Bud Rolofson wrote:<br
                        clear="none">
                      &gt; Exactly, I took typing in eighth grade
                      because there lots of girls in <br clear="none">
                      &gt; that class and I was a horny 13 yo.  But my
                      50 yo typing muscle memory <br clear="none">
                      &gt; will always space twice after a period.
                      Can�t help it.<br clear="none">
                      &gt;<br clear="none">
                      &gt; Busted.<br clear="none">
                      &gt;<br clear="none">
                      &gt; Bud<br clear="none">
                      I didn't take typing in high school because I
                      didn't want to be pigeonholed as a secretary. In
                      early years I went in to interview for a technical
                      position with a degree in electronics &amp; almost
                      always was asked what my typing speed was. When I
                      mentioned about a page ever 2 hours or so, I got
                      interviewed for the job I was applying for. I knew
                      a woman with a Stanford masters in physics who in
                      the mid 60s worked as a tech group secretary.<br
                        clear="none">
                      During college when I needed to submit typed
                      papers, I traded typing for either a homemade
                      apple pie or a ready to bake homemade lasagna. I
                      single space between sentences only on emails.
                      That is because my mailer produces strange
                      characters when I double space a sentence. The
                      books I have authored are all double spaced
                      between sentences and my reviewers have forced me
                      to use oxford comas. They are not used in
                      technical papers.<br clear="none">
                      TeriAnn<br clear="none">
                <fieldset></fieldset>
                <pre>** <a href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";
target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
moz-do-not-send="true">triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **

Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"; target="_blank"
rel="noreferrer"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a
href="http://www.team.net/archive"; target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
            ** <a href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; target="_blank"
              rel="noreferrer"
moz-do-not-send="true">triumphs@autox.team.net</a>
            **<br>
            Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
              rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
              moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
            Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";
              rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
              noreferrer" target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
            Unsubscribe/Manage: <a

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@gmail.com";
              rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@gmail.com</a><br>
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";

class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive";
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>