[TR] TR3 - how does the door latch strap fasten to the door latch

To: Triumph_send_message <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 - how does the door latch strap fasten to the door latch
From: David Griffiths <daveg@online.no>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 12:24:27 +0200
Hello all,

TR3. LO15005/TS10601E

I would be very grateful if someone could take a close up picture and/or a
description of the way the door-opening strap on the inside of the door fastens
to the door latch. I understand that the strap inner is of tough leather, about
a quarter inch in diameter, but I donâ??t know how to fasten it to the latch,
which on this car is just a threaded rod sticking out of the vinyl of the door
with an acorn nut on it. On the rod there is a bit of metal like what you find
on a zipper to move it up and down, with â??YKKâ?? on it. Perhaps it is. The
only commercial thing I could find was at Macyâ??s, but the pic was so small it
didnâ??t help much: https://macysgarage.com/parts-new.htm. I have the outer
sleeve.

Thanks,
Dave