Re: [TR] Missing Randall Young in more ways than one

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Missing Randall Young in more ways than one
From: Bob <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 10:10:01 -0400

--------------A2A5602FF605D78654662EDE

Andrew,

The problem I have is forgetting things I used to know. I have owned 5
different Triumphs, 2 3's, 2 4's and a 6. Restored them all over the
years. Sometimes I have to think twice when a problem arises on my
current 3,4 and 6. I am hoping the list and its collective knowledge
continues and passes on to our sons and daughters.

Randall and Fred have passed on and we will miss them and their help but
with the help of Randall's archives and the list we will continue.

Bob

On 8/12/20 9:57 AM, andrew uprichard wrote:

> Every morning I browse various TR websites and chat pages.  One trend
> I have noticed is various individuals who like to show how much they
> supposedly know by demeaning or ridiculing those of us who maybe don?t
> know everything there is to know.  Goodness knows how many dumb
> questions I have asked over the years.
>
> It made me think (again) about Randall. If anyone had the credentials
> to be arrogant or condescending, he did.  He knew more about these
> cars than most of us collectively ever will.  Yet he was always kind
> and sincere.  Some of you may remember the individual a few years ago
> who was trying to restore a TR3 and asked the most fundamental of
> questions:  Randall was consistently patient and helpful while I am
> sure some of us rolled our eyes.
>
> Maybe people are trying to assume Randall?s mantle as the TR guru.
> Well, it isn?t going to happen, people.
>
> Please let me be clear ? this list has always seemed to me a friendly
> and intimate place (with just a few exceptions).  I have seen less
> traffic recently and I sincerely hope it continues for as long as we
> work on our beloved cars.  Mark does a great job and if I haven?t
> thanked him enough, I apologize.  Mark ? remind us again how to
> contribute.
>
> Andrew Uprichard
>
> Jackson, Michigan
>

> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/yellowtr@adelphia.net

--------------A2A5602FF605D78654662EDE

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      owned 5 different Triumphs, 2 3's, 2 4's and a 6. Restored them
      all over the years. Sometimes I have to think twice when a problem
      arises on my current 3,4 and 6. I am hoping the list and its
      collective knowledge continues and passes on to our sons and
      daughters. <br>
      help but with the help of Randall's archives and the list we will
      continue.</p>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:002a01d670b0$84742ed0$8d5c8c70$@uprichard.net">
        charset=windows-1252">
        medium)">
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0in;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
        color:windowtext;
        font-weight:normal;
        font-style:normal;
        text-decoration:none none;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-size:10.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
            Roman&quot;,serif">Every morning I browse various TR
            websites and chat pages.  One trend I have noticed is
            various individuals who like to show how much they
            supposedly know by demeaning or ridiculing those of us who
            maybe don?t know everything there is to know.  Goodness
            knows how many dumb questions I have asked over the
years.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
            Roman&quot;,serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
            Roman&quot;,serif">It made me think (again) about Randall.
            If anyone had the credentials to be arrogant or
            condescending, he did.  He knew more about these cars than
            most of us collectively ever will.  Yet he was always kind
            and sincere.  Some of you may remember the individual a few
            years ago who was trying to restore a TR3 and asked the most
            fundamental of questions:  Randall was consistently patient
            and helpful while I am sure some of us rolled our
eyes.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
            Roman&quot;,serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
            Roman&quot;,serif">Maybe people are trying to assume
            Randall?s mantle as the TR guru.  Well, it isn?t going to
            happen, people.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
            Roman&quot;,serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
            Roman&quot;,serif">Please let me be clear ? this list has
            always seemed to me a friendly and intimate place (with just
            a few exceptions).  I have seen less traffic recently and I
            sincerely hope it continues for as long as we work on our
            beloved cars.  Mark does a great job and if I haven?t
            thanked him enough, I apologize.  Mark ? remind us again how
            to contribute.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
            Roman&quot;,serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
            Roman&quot;,serif">Andrew Uprichard<o:p></o:p></span></p>
            Roman&quot;,serif">Jackson, Michigan<o:p></o:p></span></p>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>