Re: [TR] Embarrassing, but, stuck driver's door on GT6

To: Michael Porter <mdporter@dfn.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Embarrassing, but, stuck driver's door on GT6
From: Greg Lemon <grglmn@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 20:43:27 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>

--0000000000006642e705ae871d30

I don't know if a GT6 door works the same as a TR250, but my driver's door
was doing similar things, the lock was slipping into lock position on it's
own and nothing would open it short of taking off the inner panel and
monkeying with the mechanism.  I don't remember how I got it to stop, do
you have a small, agile person with nimble hands who can slip in from the
passenger side? Or is that stuck too?

Greg Lemon
TR250

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020, 8:30 PM Michael Porter <mdporter@dfn.com> wrote:

> Mea culpa, mea culpa, I haven't driven the GT6 in a long time and the
> code enforcement nazis in town are making me get rid of it unless I can
> prove it runs.  It needed a new battery, so I got one (when did
> batteries get sooo expensive?).  Needed fuel, put some in it.
>
> But, now, I can't get into it.  The outer door handle broke a long time
> ago, so I just left the window part-way open so I could reach in and
> open it with the interior door pull.  But that doesn't work now.  It's
> really, really stuck.  Won't budge a bit, almost like it was welded
> shut.  Now, there were chips in the paint on the door seam like someone
> may have tried to pop the door open with a screwdriver, but, I'm not
> sure that's the problem.  I think the lock and pawl are just plain
> frozen.  The actuating lever on the latch mechanism does move, as does
> the locking slide.
>
> I've been bumping, prying, cussing to no avail.  Any ideas?
>

> Cheers.
>
> --
>

> Michael Porter
> Roswell, NM
>

> Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking
> distance....
>

> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@gmail.com

--0000000000006642e705ae871d30

 but my driver&#39;s door was doing similar things, the lock was slipping i=
nto lock position on it&#39;s own and nothing would open it short of taking=
 off the inner panel and monkeying with the mechanism.=C2=A0 I don&#39;t re=
member how I got it to stop, do you have a small, agile person with nimble =
hands who can slip in from the passenger side? Or is that stuck too?<div di=
il_attr">On Fri, Sep 4, 2020, 8:30 PM Michael Porter &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:=
s=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;pad=
ding-left:1ex">Mea culpa, mea culpa, I haven&#39;t driven the GT6 in a long=
 time and the <br>
code enforcement nazis in town are making me get rid of it unless I can <br=

prove it runs.=C2=A0 It needed a new battery, so I got one (when did <br>
batteries get sooo expensive?).=C2=A0 Needed fuel, put some in it.<br>
But, now, I can&#39;t get into it.=C2=A0 The outer door handle broke a long=
 time <br>
ago, so I just left the window part-way open so I could reach in and <br>
open it with the interior door pull.=C2=A0 But that doesn&#39;t work now.=
=C2=A0 It&#39;s <br>
really, really stuck.=C2=A0 Won&#39;t budge a bit, almost like it was welde=
d <br>
shut.=C2=A0 Now, there were chips in the paint on the door seam like someon=
e <br>
may have tried to pop the door open with a screwdriver, but, I&#39;m not <b=
r>
sure that&#39;s the problem.=C2=A0 I think the lock and pawl are just plain=
frozen.=C2=A0 The actuating lever on the latch mechanism does move, as does=
the locking slide.<br>
I&#39;ve been bumping, prying, cussing to no avail.=C2=A0 Any ideas?<br>
Cheers.<br>
-- <br>
Michael Porter<br>
Roswell, NM<br>
Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it&#39;s within walking dist=
ance....<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nore=
ferrer">triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **<br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>