[TR] 1955 TR2 master cylinder

To: "<triumphs@autox.team.net>" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] 1955 TR2 master cylinder
From: John Deluca <john-marie@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 17:01:34 -0500
Listers,
My original MC has been professionally rebuilt.  The MC has been installed for
6 mo. but only driven about 8 â??testâ?? miles.  The MC leaks around the
seal...and Iâ??m using Dot 3. The filler cap is installed on the back side at
the exit pipes per the manual.  Iâ??ve read somewhere that the reservoir should
not be filled completely, but donâ??t remember the exact criteria.  Also, would
changing to a cork gasket help?  Is cork compatible with Dot 3?  I understand
that this is a common problem, but Iâ??d like to reduce the problem to
something like a weep.  Thanks.
John DeLuca

Sent from my iPad
** triumphs@autox.team.net **