Re: [TR] TR2 pearl white

To: bill beecher <notakitcar@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR2 pearl white
From: Dave <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 19:53:03 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

------=_Part_221065_854642607.1610077984309

Thanks Bill,
This chart looks like good information.
While trying to match Primrose/Pale Yellow on my '59 TR3, the numbers didn't
translate to available modern paint.  I settled on using the later '68 Jasmine
to get a code.  A computer read on the Primrose listed a VW Beetle convertible
color named, if I remember correctly, Mello Yellow, which looks right on, when
I see one of these cars on the road.
I'm just wondering if there was really any pearlescent in the original white.
Is it obvious and or look very pearlescent?
Dave H.

>     On 01/07/2021 7:35 PM bill beecher <notakitcar@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>     Dave,
>     Try this site, gives a couple of paint codes for Pearl White, depending
> on the year.
>
>     http://www.trregisterfrance.com/meca/paint.htm
>
>     Bill
>
>     #dontkillgrandma
>
>     On Jan 7, 2021, at 7:54 PM, Dave <dlhogye@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>     Hello TR listers,
>     I have a TR2 long door that was originally pearl white with blue
> interior.   I haven't found any pearl or hint of any metallic in any of the
> remaining original paint.  Does anyone have knowledge of this particular
> Triumph color that they can share?
>     Was it just a bright white?  It sure looks bright, but no evidence of any
> pearl.
>     Dave H.
>     Sent from my iPad
>     ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>
>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs
> http://www.team.net/archive
>
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/notakitcar@yahoo.com

------=_Part_221065_854642607.1610077984309

<!doctype html>
 <head>
 </head>
#333333;">
#333333;">
good information.&nbsp;</span>
#333333;">
Primrose/Pale Yellow on my '59 TR3, the numbers didn't translate to available
modern paint.&nbsp; I settled on using the later '68 Jasmine to get a
code.&nbsp; A computer read on the Primrose listed a VW Beetle convertible
color named, if I remember correctly, Mello Yellow, which looks right on, when
I see one of these cars on the road.</span>
#333333;">
there was really any pearlescent in the original white.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
#333333;">
look very pearlescent?&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
#333333;">
#333333;">
   &nbsp;
    Try this site, gives a couple of paint codes for Pearl White, depending on
the year.&nbsp;
    &nbsp;
    <a
href="http://www.trregisterfrance.com/meca/paint.htm";>http://www.trregisterfrance.com/meca/paint.htm</a>
     #dontkillgrandma
     Hello TR listers,
interior. &nbsp;&nbsp;I haven't found any pearl or hint of any metallic in any
of the remaining original paint. &nbsp;Does anyone have knowledge of this
particular Triumph color that they can share?
evidence of any pearl.
&nbsp;http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8146074902638966459==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **