Re: [TR] camber - early TR4

To: Michael Burdick <salty1249y@gmail.com>, DAVID MASSEY <dave1massey@cs.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] camber - early TR4
From: DAVE HOGYE <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 08:01:26 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

------=_Part_60824_2008713811.1612972886403

Myself and a few others that I know of, use the Revington adjustable fulcrum
pin to get more negative camber on our Triumph race cars.  It's a good kit.
Even for those who might have a frame that is not perfectly straight or as it
left the factory and need a little adjusting.
Revington suggests tack welding the assembly after the suspension is set.  The
tack weld can later be ground away to make another adjustment.  I have not
tacked mine, but have marked it to monitor any movement.  It could technically
slide a little if it was not tightened enough.
Dave H.

>     On 02/10/2021 5:38 AM Michael Burdick <salty1249y@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>     Revington TR in the UK sells a kit with an adjustable top fulcrum:
>
>     https://www.revingtontr.com/product/rtr3112k/name/fulcrum-kit-upper-tr2-4
>
>     I have no experience with it, but it looks like a bit of a job to install
> with some minor welding required and if you have an early car you would need
> to change to later (late TR4-TR6) upper wishbones and trunnions.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Mike
>
>     On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 8:56 PM DAVID MASSEY < dave1massey@cs.com
> mailto:dave1massey@cs.com > wrote:
>
>         > >         There is no factory adjustment for caster or camber on
> the TR2/3 or the early TR4.  I guess there might be some offset bushings that
> could be fitted to make adjustments.  I've seen such for big Healeys.
> >
> >         How much is a little off?  If it is the same on both sides it
> > should still track pretty straight.
> >
> >         Dave

<!doctype html>
 <head>
 </head>
#333333;">
others that I know of, use the Revington adjustable fulcrum pin to get more
negative camber on our Triumph race cars.&nbsp; It's a good kit.&nbsp; Even for
those who might have a frame that is not perfectly straight or as it left the
factory and need a little adjusting.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
#333333;">
tack welding the assembly after the suspension is set.&nbsp; The tack weld can
later be ground away to make another adjustment.&nbsp; I have not tacked mine,
but have marked it to monitor any movement.&nbsp; It could technically slide a
little if it was not tightened enough.&nbsp; </span>
#333333;">
    Revington TR in the UK sells a kit with an adjustable top fulcrum:
     &nbsp;
     <a
href="https://www.revingtontr.com/product/rtr3112k/name/fulcrum-kit-upper-tr2-4";>https://www.revingtontr.com/product/rtr3112k/name/fulcrum-kit-upper-tr2-4</a>&nbsp;
     &nbsp;
     I have no experience with it, but it looks like a bit of a job to install
with some minor welding required and if you have an early car you would need to
change to later (late TR4-TR6) upper wishbones and trunnions.
     &nbsp;
     Cheers,
     Mike&nbsp;
     On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 8:56 PM DAVID MASSEY &lt;
caster or camber on the TR2/3 or the early TR4.&nbsp; I guess there might be
some offset bushings that could be fitted to make adjustments.&nbsp; I've seen
such for big Healeys.</span>
is the same on both sides it should still track pretty straight.</span>
       &nbsp;
       &nbsp;
       &nbsp;
small;">-----Original Message-----<br>From: dave &lt;<a