Re: [TR] TR4A IRS Suspension Question

To: Jim Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A IRS Suspension Question
From: Steve Kirby <sackirby@chinaautogroup.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 00:16:33 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Jim

Others may be able to offer you more insight, but you should keep in mind that
shock absorbers do no influence ride height because they bear no weight.  The
"gas" in gas shocks is insufficient to raise the weight of your car (after all,
you can compress the shocks by hand).  If your rear ride height changed it was
due to other factors.

In a race car, the first thing that the builder would do would be to weigh all
four corners.  If the LF of the car weighs more than the RF, then the car will
not sit level on exactly the same suspension components.

Steve Kirby
President
China Auto Group
22831 Avenida Empresa