Re: [TR] Timken?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Timken?
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 07:59:00 -0700

--------------D2Xcf0PtFvvYJddBZS1e5QsX

On 10/11/21 6:55 AM, David Friedlander wrote:
> Greetings, all!
>
> Moss and TRF only mention RHP and Koyo brands for the
> TR3 throw-out bearing. But what about Timken? Anyone
> had experience with this item?
>
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/234214610001?epid=83212505&hash=item3688475451:g:iFUAAOSwjfhcks1O
>
> <https://www.ebay.com/itm/234214610001?epid=83212505&hash=item3688475451:g:iFUAAOSwjfhcks1O>

Timken has always been the gold standard of American manufactured
bearings. But I have heard that they shipped manufacturing overseas and
the quality is rumored to be not up to that of American made bearings. I
have never heard that claim substantiated as Timken as a quality
reputation to maintain through quality manufacturing.

To this day I personally always specify Timken or GKN bearings and GKN
U-joints for my cars.

TeriAnn

--------------D2Xcf0PtFvvYJddBZS1e5QsX

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAJ1eQwgag+XndieV0Y7_tA42950YD4NUsGsgcuWJB2dbUwoj7g@mail.gmail.com">
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099">Greetings, all!</div>
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099"><br>
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:large;color:#000099">
            Koyo brands for the </div>
            about Timken? Anyone </div>
href="https://www.ebay.com/itm/234214610001?epid=83212505&amp;hash=item3688475451:g:iFUAAOSwjfhcks1O";
              target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.ebay.com/itm/234214610001?epid=83212505&amp;hash=item3688475451:g:iFUAAOSwjfhcks1O</a><br>
      bearings. But I have heard that they shipped manufacturing
      overseas and the quality is rumored to be not up to that of
      American made bearings. I have never heard that claim
      substantiated as Timken as a quality reputation to maintain
      through quality manufacturing.<br>
      and GKN U-joints for my cars.</p>
--------------D2Xcf0PtFvvYJddBZS1e5QsX--

--===============6856544849633116843==