[TR] ZS CDSE needle carrier stripped - need suggestions

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] ZS CDSE needle carrier stripped - need suggestions
From: davgil@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 21:10:25 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_875241_166037850.1635282625251

I was cleaning the float bowls and adjusting the float height in the carbs =
on my 1976 TR6.=C2=A0 Running too rich and I thought that was a good first =
step.=C2=A0 New diaphragms (the old ones were at least 25 years old and at =
least 1 was cracked), and I realized that I could not adjust the needle on =
my right carb.=C2=A0 I removed the grub screw but the needle adjuster is st=
uck and now it is stripped so that the adjustment tool just spins.=C2=A0 I =
cannot remove the needle carrier to drive out the adjuster and star lock wa=
sher.=C2=A0 I have it soaking in PB Blaster, but I suspect that the old o-r=
ing (also over 25 years old) has glued the whole works together.=C2=A0 Anyo=
ne have an easy solution to removing this little brass irritation?David Gil=
l1976 TR6.=C2=A0
------=_Part_875241_166037850.1635282625251

adjusting the float height in the carbs on my 1976 TR6.&nbsp; Running too rich
and I thought that was a good first step.&nbsp; New diaphragms (the old ones
were at least 25 years old and at least 1 was cracked), and I realized that I
could not adjust the needle on my right carb.&nbsp; I removed the grub screw
but the needle adjuster is stuck and now it is stripped so that the adjustment
tool just spins.&nbsp; I cannot remove the needle carrier to drive out the
adjuster and star lock washer.&nbsp; I have it soaking in PB Blaster, but I
suspect that the old o-ring (also over 25 years old) has glued the whole works
together.&nbsp; Anyone have an easy solution to removing this little brass
irritation?

------=_Part_875241_166037850.1635282625251--

--===============7913577159977846151==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **