Re: [TR] 66 TR4A Speedo Drive removal (non-OD)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net 2903e8d5c8f:6.0.517,18.0.572,17.11.64.514.0000000 definitions=2022-06-21_01:2022-06-21_01,2020-02-14_11,2022-02-23_01 signatures=0 adultscore=0 mlxlogscore=801 bulkscore=0 mlxscore=0 clxscore=1015 suspectscore=0 phishscore=0 spamscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.12.0-2206140000 definitions=main-2208060116
Subject: Re: [TR] 66 TR4A Speedo Drive removal (non-OD)
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw360@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 15:33:02 -0700
Just a quick update, since I have it out now.  Thanks for all of the
suggestions, I actually got it out before my message even went out, for some
reason I didnâ??t see it back until today, when I sent it yesterday.

Anyway, what I ended up doing was using a screwdriver in the gap between the
housing and the cable nut, moving around to get new fulcrums as it started
moving out.  It was really stuck, it was almost all of the way out before I was
able to get it to move the last little bit by hand.  The only downside was that
I munged the cable nut up pretty good doing this, so Iâ??ll be putting a new
cable in as well.

One I got it out, the next mystery was how to replace the seal inside.  It
turns out the exposed end is really a cap that is threaded into the body.
After a bit of persuasion, I was able to get that removed, and can now replace
the inner seal as well as the o-ring.  But first I need to make sure the
housing can be put back with a reasonable amount of forces, as I will need to
line up the bolt that holds it in place.

I did get one suggestion with pictures of custom puller, which would have done
the trick and probably not required the sacrifice of the cable.  Maybe next
timeâ?¦

-Darrell

--
Darrell Walker