Re: [TR] Overdrive solenoid fault TR2 Triumphs Digest, Vol 15, Issue 16

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Overdrive solenoid fault TR2 Triumphs Digest, Vol 15, Issue 165
From: <dunscomb@chch.planet.org.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 16:39:17 +1300
Hi all,
Thanks to everyone who responded to my question, both via digest and
privately, I am pleased to confirm that everything is now working as
expected.
Combination of two things (as it usually is.) faulty solenoid, which I
luckily was able to source from TR NZ Register spares held in New Zealand,
and also the operating lever actuated by the solenoid was not clamping
properly onto the overdrive operating shaft. Had to pull that off, then
carefully enlarge the slot in the lever which compresses onto the operating
shaft so that it grips properly.

Several test drives down the local road and back shows the overdrive
operates promptly, nice and quiet now with no noise it had from the worn
bearings - mind you it has done 170K MILES without being touched so I guess
I shouldn't complain too much !

Thanks everyone

Alan Dunscombe   TS3612
New Zealand