Re: [TR] "It's Just Fun"

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] "It's Just Fun"
From: William Smith <smithwm845@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 16:21:36 -0400

--0000000000006040f505ebe1a8f7

While not a Triumph, my first experience with a British sports car was in
1957.  Around the corner from my house in Buffalo, NY lived a young couple
whose only car was an Austin Healey 100. (Amazing that even back then,
anyone's sole mode of transportation in snowy, frigid Buffalo would be a
British sports car.)
The husband loved stock car races, and every Saturday night in the summer
there were stock car races at Civic Stadium in downtown Buffalo. So, every
Saturday night he would pile all the kids in the neighborhood in his Healey
and take us to the races. (Talk about the clown car squeeze!!)
As Mark said, "It's Just Fun"!!
Bill Smith
'72 TR6
'80 TR7

--0000000000006040f505ebe1a8f7

ports car was in 1957.=C2=A0 Around the corner from my house in Buffalo, NY=
 lived a young couple whose only car was an Austin Healey 100. (Amazing tha=
t even back then, anyone&#39;s sole mode of transportation in snowy, frigid=
 Buffalo would be a British sports car.)<div dir=3D"auto">The husband loved=
 stock car races, and every Saturday night in the summer there were stock c=
ar races at Civic Stadium in downtown Buffalo. So, every Saturday night he =
would pile all the kids in the neighborhood in his Healey and take us to th=
e races. (Talk about the clown car squeeze!!)</div><div dir=3D"auto">As Mar=
k said, &quot;It&#39;s Just Fun&quot;!!</div><div dir=3D"auto">Bill Smith=
;80 TR7=C2=A0</div></div>

--0000000000006040f505ebe1a8f7--

--===============7236589315601896632==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **