Re: [TR] Tire valve stems - TR6 original wheels

To: Lee Daniels <lee@automate-it.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Tire valve stems - TR6 original wheels
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 05:35:49 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs \(triumphs@autox.team.net\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Triumph 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>

--00000000000042700405ecdefd86

Longer stems are available.  Show them your trim rings (or the picture)
when you go to your tire store.  Don't leave the trim rings on the wheel at
the tire store, though.

On Sun, Nov 6, 2022, 22:35 <lee@automate-it.com> wrote:

> I've just switched from wire wheels to original TR6 wheels, although
> with aftermarket chrome trim rings. But the wheels are fitted with
> standard tire valve stems - and they don't protrude beyond the cutout in
> the trim rings. So it's almost impossible to fill the tire or use a
> pressure gauge. (worth-1000-words photo attached)
>
> I'm assuming there are longer tire valve stems available? I'm looking at
> replacing the tires, so it's a particularly convenient time to get this
> right. I've also seen valve stem "extenders" (one of my spare wheels had
> one of these fitted) - but this does not look like a decent alternative.
> Suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
>   Lee** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/fishplate@gmail.com

--00000000000042700405ecdefd86

gs (or the picture) when you go to your tire store.=C2=A0 Don&#39;t leave t=
he trim rings on the wheel at the tire store, though.</div><br><div class=
=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Nov 6, 2022,=
 22:35  &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:lee@automate-it.com";>lee@automate-it.com</a>&=
gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0=
 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I&#39;ve just switched f=
rom wire wheels to original TR6 wheels, although <br>
with aftermarket chrome trim rings. But the wheels are fitted with <br>
standard tire valve stems - and they don&#39;t protrude beyond the cutout i=
n <br>
the trim rings. So it&#39;s almost impossible to fill the tire or use a <br=

pressure gauge. (worth-1000-words photo attached)<br>
I&#39;m assuming there are longer tire valve stems available? I&#39;m looki=
ng at <br>
replacing the tires, so it&#39;s a particularly convenient time to get this=
right. I&#39;ve also seen valve stem &quot;extenders&quot; (one of my spare=
 wheels had <br>
one of these fitted) - but this does not look like a decent alternative. <b=
r>
Suggestions?<br>
Thanks!<br>
=C2=A0 Lee** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank" r=