Re: [TR] Stacking

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Stacking
From: Michael Muller <momulle@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 17:29:54 -0400
I have a Bendpack 4-post lift and an 8â?? ceiling. Not ideal - I moved the lift
from our previous house with a 12â?? ceiling.

I put one car on top, and roll the Triumph, backwards, up to the windscreen,
i.e. boot end doors under the lift, engine sticking out. In our case, the upper
car is â??modernâ?? (2001 TT). An LBC might be shorter and allow both carsâ?¦?

The limiting factors are (1) overall height and car height - obvious, but also
(2) the lift has finite stops about 6-8â?? apart, and the lift needs to go UP
before you can lower a car. So you canâ??t raise all the way to the ceiling.
(And: nerves get in the wayâ?¦ do you go one click higherâ?¦ ??  Knowing that
lowering without upward space will be difficult, at best!)

However: even in tight spaces, having a lift is fantastic.

Good luck!
Mike

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 08:39:41 -0500
> From: bill beecher <notakitcar@yahoo.com>
> To: Randall <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Subject: [TR] TR Stacking
>
> Has anyone installed a 4-post lift in a single car garage?  Looking to stack
> my TR3, and another unnamed small roadster.
> Can you do it in an 8-foot ceiling?
> What is the needed footprint of the lift? Lift recommendations?
>
> Bill B
> TS30800L
>
> ?Shoot low sheriff, she?s riding a shetland? ?B.Wills

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html

Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/mharc@autox.team.net