Re: [TR] TR4A overdrive column switch wire routing?

To: "'Anthony Rhodes'" <spamiam@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A overdrive column switch wire routing?
From: <trguy75@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 20:42:37 -0400
Cc: 'Triumphs' <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Anthony:
Having just restored my 4A steering column, I am very familiar with the
process. It is not a quick job to do it right and not ruin parts.

1. Undo bolt on the wire cover that surrounds the steering column.  You are
going to have to remover the cover towards firewall.
2. Undo the bolts to loosen or remover lower steering column locking bracket
attached right behind the dash.  Two pieces that are silver.
3. Loosen the support stays attached to that bracket.
4.  This should loosen the steering column and provide some "play" so you can
get the wire cover through the dash.
5.  Be careful loosening the wire cover end that goes around the steering cover
under the dash.  You will have to gently pry the two ends apart to loosen it
around the steering column.
6. with play available route the OD switch harness through steering column, out
underneath the column and through the dash with the other wires.
7. Then put the wire cover back on and slide through the dash opening into the
steeing column opening where the wires all come out.
It takes a little time but thatr's it.
Jim