Re: [TR] TR3A Fuel pump

To: Don Hiscock <don.hiscock@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Fuel pump
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 12:04:50 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

--------------SbSIXbHcgfifjBNI6INvcQZI

On 10/22/23 10:19 AM, Don Hiscock wrote:
> Did you mount an inertial cutoff switch, TeriAnn?  What are your
> thoughts there?

I did not think about one for the TR3. If I'm hit hard enough to trip
one I don't expect a good personal outcome. And the key is right there.
I do have one (from a fox body Mustang) in the Land Rover which has EFI
5.0 just in case the truck falls over or some such on the trail. It has
taken a lot on bouncing at different angles and has never tripped. I
think it would take a large impact to trip one. There is a big
difference in the amount that can flow at 2-3 lb pressure & the amount
at high volume 45 PSI before you can hit the ignition switch. I don't
think cars had cutoff switches before EFI volume & pressure pumps.

TeriAnn

--

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*

--------------SbSIXbHcgfifjBNI6INvcQZI

<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAPK7CFAYtDe52VzpbYbjSZLWM6z8ZbgEUt=d60Grrmxv+hP=Gg@mail.gmail.com">
          an inertial cutoff switch, TeriAnn?  What are your thoughts
          there?</div>
      trip one I don't expect a good personal outcome. And the key is
      right there. I do have one (from a fox body Mustang) in the Land
      Rover which has EFI 5.0 just in case the truck falls over or some
      such on the trail. It has taken a lot on bouncing at different
      angles and has never tripped. I think it would take a large impact
      to trip one. There is a big difference in the amount that can flow
      at 2-3 lb pressure &amp; the amount at high volume 45 PSI before
      you can hit the ignition switch. I don't think cars had cutoff
      switches before EFI volume &amp; pressure pumps.</p>
cite="mid:CAPK7CFAYtDe52VzpbYbjSZLWM6z8ZbgEUt=d60Grrmxv+hP=Gg@mail.gmail.com"><br>
          12:15â?¯PM TeriAnn J. Wakeman &lt;<a
            href="mailto:tjwakeman@gmail.com"; moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">tjwakeman@gmail.com</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                    I'm sure this has been discussed before but my
                    question is this - I have a freiend who plans to
                    install a Moss supplied electric fuel pump to his
                    TR3A. I don't know if it is the Facet pump or the
                    universal Lucas pump. Any suggestions on the best
                    place to mount this pump. I assume at the back of
                    the car is best, below the fuel tank level.</span></p>
              before the pump on the inside of the frame rail. I
              fabricated a metal mounting plate to mount them to the
              frame rail by the fuel tank. In general electric fuel
              pumps are good at pushing fuel but not so much as pulling
              fuel so having it below the bottom of the tank makes it
              easier. Especially after running out of fuel.</p>
          ** <a href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">triumphs@autox.team.net</a>
          **<br>
          Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
            target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/don.hiscock@gmail.com";
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/don.hiscock@gmail.com</a><br>
          Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
          Canada</a>
        2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
        what to write<br>

--------------SbSIXbHcgfifjBNI6INvcQZI--

--===============0600574438096175091==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **