tvr

Re: stupid tire question

To: zehrinwa@umdnj.edu, tvr@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: stupid tire question
From: Malaboge <Malaboge@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 00:29:42 EST
In a message dated 98-03-10 09:25:52 EST, zehrinwa@umdnj.edu writes:

<<
 Me again.  Can someone who is using the aluminum finned TVR wheels (not the
 later "T" slot ones) on their vixen give me a report on the tire size
 you're running.  165SR15s came off of the wheels on my car (tread depth was
 good but the side walls were shot) but some local tire/car guy gurus seem
 to think that the can car ought to have a wider tread pattern.

Will etal-

I have 205-6015's on my 2500. Some owners say they have a problem with
interference with that size and can only run 195's. My particular car has no
clearance problems, however when you trial fit a tire, try it on ALL the
corners. My car is probably a half an inch closer to the tire on the left rear
than on the right. Seems the Hoo Hill lads just sort of laid up the cars by
hand and as long as it looked right, it passed quality control. (Yeah right,
talk about an oxymoron...)
The sticky tires tranformed the car into a real FUN ride. Try to find a set of
tall 205's (most tires differ in overall diameter even tho the same size) as
it does tend to get the exhaust right done toward the blacktop.

Well "shod" ...just for horsin around...
         Nick in Nor Cal