tvr

Re: Tuning 2500

To: Skip Gurnee <skip47@home.com>
Subject: Re: Tuning 2500
From: Dr John Upham <webmaster@ukmotorsport.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 22:32:44 +0100
Skip Gurnee wrote:

> Rolf-
> Use the rearward holes.  Bump steer the car while you're working on that
> part of it.  Check out "How to Make Your Car Handle" by Fred Puhn for
> details.
> I can't help you with tires.  Mine are Hoosier 22x10x16's.
> Best,
> -Skip Gurnee
> 1970 Vixen S2 LVX14704
>
> Rolf Beuttenmuller wrote:
> >
> > I tried to stir up the list a little but my message got bounced back. I hope
> > the changes I have made in my Mail program have solved this problem.
> >
> > I have taken the summer off from working on my house and will be
> > concentrating on the TVR. So on that Note I .....
> >
> > I need some help from you Vixen owners out there. The steering rack mount
> > has three holes to allow the rack to be mounted forward or back. Which way
> > are your racks mounted?. After cleaning up my chassis I have no telltale
> > marks and I never thought to document the racks location before taking it
> > apart. And that was about six years ago.

    Use the forward most holes for the steering rack. Adrian Venn does a
    much better rack than standard which combats the nasty inherent
    Vixen bump steer.

    Use the rear holes for mounting an oil cooler should you wish to
    do so.

> > Your comments ( kind, I'm a sensitive old man) will be greatly appreciated.
> > While I am at it what size tires are you all mounting on the stock alloy
> > rims? The originals are 165R 15.

    Correct. Avon TurboSpeed 165 x 15 x 5.5 I use Colway 185/70/15s in
    Formula pattern which in Michelin MXV pattern A very good tyre.
    Vixens DO NOT like wide low profile tyres. It will destroy the
    handling, break the suspension, and reduce fun and increase
    fuel bills.

    Regards,

    Dr John Upham, Vixen S3

    See http://www.ukmotorsport.com/vixen/