tvr

RE: Vixen Batteries

To: tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Vixen Batteries
From: "Ayer, John K" <John.Ayer@PSS.Boeing.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:49:01 -0700
As I recall the original battery size no longer exists,  in the US anyways.
Longer and narrower than available modern ones.  I forgot to check my battery
size this weekend, but it's a Sears 60 (not a DieHard) and I picked it by it's
external dimensions to fit that bracket.  It looks alittle lost 'cause it's
short, but it's plenty strong, I've been using it in my '72 Jeep Wagoneer too.
A group 24 is too wide and fouls the inner fender liner.
Which wouldn't be terribly important except the tire hits the same spot from
the other side...

Kimball Ayer
#3723TM